Thursday, May 13, 2010

Good Food Pleases Me

I figure that while I have time on my hands, I am freaking going to cook me really really good food.
So today for lunch, I made something...divine.
Ya'll should try it!  It's pretty simple.

1.  So make some rice.  Jasmine rice is fantastic and delectable, but other kinds would work too.
2.  Then dice some chicken and cook it on high in a frying pan with some olive oil, italian herbs, lemon pepper, and ground pepper.  Let it brown for about 8 minutes and then set it aside.
3.  While this is happening, make a sauce.  I made up this version of a white sauce that was pretty stellar.
So combine some butter and twice that amount of flour in a sauce pan on medium heat to form a basic choux.  Then, add some italian herbs and lemon pepper to that.  Then pour in some milk and add some chicken bouillon and bring it to a low boil and it will thicken up.  Oh, stir the whole time.  Then mix together the chicken and the sauce.
4.  Then cook some vegetables (asparagus, carrots, broccoli, red peppers, whatever you have/feel like).
5.  Then make it look pretty so that you'll want to eat it.  But the rice down first, then put the cooked vegetables on top of that, and then pour the sauce on top of that.  Sprinkle some grated cheese on top. 
6. enjoy yourself thoroughly. Bon Appetite! 

No comments: