Sunday, October 31, 2010

Spiced Pumpkin Tofu Bisque

Really quick introduction:  as many of you may know, I am a frugal gal.  I love thrift stores and anything secondhand.  If I had a dollar for every time I've heard the phrase "Will you take me to DI?" or  "Wait...that's from DI?"  or (for the peeps that know me well) "You got that at DI, didn't you"  I wouldn't be at BYU.  So here's the new face of this awesome blog.  $5.  Once a week there will be a new $5 DIY project.  It will revolve around a decorating, clothing, or cooking project.

So here is the first project....
Spiced Pumpkin Tofu Bisque

Don't let the words "pumpkin" or "tofu" deter you from attempting this incredible soup!  It tastes like fall...in India/mexico.  Basically...it's veally good.

Recipe

1 big can of Pumpkin Puree
1 pkg tofu (silken works best)
1 can stewed tomatoes 
2 cups chicken broth
2 TBS Butter
1 1/2 cups Milk
1 1/2 TBS Curry
1 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Oregano
1 1/2 TBS Creole Seasoning
2 tsp. Chili Powder

Directions:  Put the pumpkin, tofu (broken into pieces), stewed tomatoes, and the chicken broth into a blender and blend till it's way smooth.  Then pour into a soup pot and add all spices, butter and milk.   Add spices to taste.  Warm it all up and serve.  Also enjoy. :)


1 comment:

Jana said...

Leslie darling, I love the new blog idea. :) Very cute. I'll have to try this new pumpkin soup recipe and let you know how it turns out!