Sunday, October 17, 2010

Fall



Fall makes me long for home.  Everything about fall is cozy, happy, and memorable; those same adjectives describe my home.  I love going to the pumpkin patch, the leaves that deepen and fall to the ground, the smell of fall air, fall foods like pumpkin pie and warm soup.  I love trick-or-treating and getting hot donuts at the Pages and cotton candy at the Howard's.  I love Aunt Betty's upside-down pear pie at Thanksgiving.  I love being able to wrap up in soft, pretty cardigans and warm blankets.  I love being with my family and friends with these things.  Although, I feel somewhat alone and miss those beautiful experiences, I have some amazing friends and family members that are around me.  They are the type of people that are selfless, Christlike, and going places.  They are the kind of people that are positive amidst adversity and enjoy the ride.  They are people who listen to me and my semi-pathetic trials that I am going through, and try to understand, even though their own lives are chuck-full (a LeCheminant term) of their own worries.  I've noticed that these people notice the beauty in the world around them and share that with others.  I want to exhibit those same attributes.  So today, the world around me was stunning.    I love the mountains and am extremely grateful that I can live so close to them.  I think that I am going to try harder to be more appreciative about the amazing opportunities that surround me and be more aware.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Oh, what's up. Shout out. :)