Friday, January 28, 2011

Chicken Tacos

Today is the first ward activity that I've been in charge of and lets just say that it's been interesting.  We are doing a get-to-know-you activity (thus us being a singles ward) and dinner.  How it works is everyone gets a sheet of questions that are written on fake dollars.  The questions range from where are you from, what are you studying type questions to biggest pet peeves, most embarrassing moment questions.  The more personal the question, the more money its worth.  Then when you've asked all the questions that you want, you go and "buy" your dinner.  We are doing Chicken Tacos (delicious!), so each item is worth something, like a scoop of chicken is $5 or cheese is $2.  I hope it goes ok, but if not...I might get released :)

Here's the recipe:

Slow Cooked Chicken Tacos

3-4 Chicken Breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 1/2 cups of medium salsa
2 tsp. kicking chicken spice
2 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 cup sour cream
Stick everything except the sour cream in a crock pot, put on low and let cook for 6-8 hours.  Put in the sour cream an hour before serving.  Serve on soft tortillas with green onions, tomatoes, lettuce, sour cream, guacamole, cheese, cilantro, olives and whatever else you like on your tacos. :)

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Les, that sounds like such a fun idea! If those chicken tacos are like the ones Ken made last semester, I can tell you that they will be delicious!

Come play with us more. Also, I'm sorry you had to see my in my near-hibernation state last night...I've had better looks :)