Monday, March 8, 2010

Recipe for life

What a beautiful world we live in!  

Today the sun is shining and the grass is almost green! woot!

The sky on my left is periwinkle blue and on my right there are beautiful clouds, reminders of heaven.

You know, this year I have been really good at being sad.  Choosing to let trials get me down. 
 
How lame is that?  God didn't send us down to earth to be sad.  

"Adam fell that men might be, and men are that they might have joy."

Today, I am choosing joy :)

I went to a beautiful funeral on saturday for the sweetest woman named Anne (with an e.)  

I felt like she lived her life with the motto of "You are as happy as you want to be." 
 That is my new motto.
  Along with her Recipe for Life

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup good thoughts
  • 1 cup consideration for others
  • 1 cup kind deeds
  • 3 cups forgiveness
  • 2 cups well beaten faults
  • Tears of joy, sorrow and sympathy
  • 4 cup prayer and faith

Directions:

Mix good thoughts, consideration, kind deeds, forgiveness and well beaten faults. Add tears of joy, sorrow and sympathy for others. Fold in prayer and faith to lighten other ingredients and raise the texture to great heights of Christian living. Pour all into your family life. Bake well with the heat of human kindness. Serve with a smile.

No comments: