Friday, January 8, 2010

life

Today I had my first biology lecture in my bio 1010 class, and it was terrifically interesting!  Can I just say that I thoroughly appreciate Prof Harris?  He understands how to teach.  He understands Bloom's ladder of Understanding and how to make students feel confident and comfortable.  Anyway, we talked about life, and at one point we started discussing the scientific classification of things that are alive and things that are dead, and it may sound weird, but I kept on thinking about embryos.  I was once taught that just 6 hours after conception the spinal cord is already in development.  As we were going through the characteristics of how to determine if life exists in something, it reaffirmed my opinion that the embryo is a living person from day 1.  

No comments: