Sunday, March 6, 2011

The Challenge


I was recently blog stalking my dear friend Megan (we bonded at State Jr. Miss almost exactly 2 years ago and she has been such a dear, long-distance, friend.  Love you girl!)  I saw that she did a 30 day blogging challenge, and I'm pretty excited to give it a go.  I will still try and get in DIY entries as well. :)

So here is Day 1:
Day 1 - a recent photo of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself

1.  I'm a student at BYU.  I'm in the  Family Studies program and almost done, which is weird.  I've fallen in love with my Visual Arts Minor and wish that I could have discovered it earlier so I could major in that.
2.  I have an obsession with DI.  Seriously, 90% of my clothes are from there.  Tacky? Maybe.  Cheap?  Absolutely. :)
3.  I went skiing for the first time in my life yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed myself.  According to Jesse, I was almost a natural.  Plus of the day: I only fell down 3 times.  Downer of the day:  the guy I rented skis from had to ask if I was a boy or girl...
4.  I love to sew and make my own clothes.  I love recycled clothing and find it thrilling.  Currently, I'm in a super hard patternmaking class.  Our practical final is next week, which will be a picture of a dress and we will have to create the entire pattern for it...yikes!!!
5.  I'm a vitta.  Yoga is a deep passion of mine and I think that the nutrition part of it is so interesting.  You can check it out at whatsmydosha.com. :)
6.  I strongly dislike weddings, but sell wedding dresses for work. I'm currently writing a book about my expereinces as a bridal consultant at Alysse's Bridal.  Basically, I crack myself up. :)
7.  I love country music, musicals, opera, oldies, and Jesse's music. 
8.  A secret dream of mine is to purchase a castle in Europe and turn it into a bed and breakfast.
9.  I skipped 4th grade and so I was 17 at college...and 17 when I first met Jesse.
10.  I'm applying to the Jerusalem Center.
11.  I have the best family in the whole world!  My sister is at BYU and getting married in May to a wonderful guy named Kyle.  Sam, Owen, and Andy are the best brothers that I could have every asked for.  Each brother is so different and I love them in very different ways.
12.  I'm a mormon and I love what my religion teaches.  I believe in my Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ.   I believe that Jesus atoned for my sins so that I can live forever with Him, my family, and my friends.  I love the lifestyle that comes with my religion and would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have about being a Mormon. :)
13.  I love to sing.  I sung 2nd alto in high school, but gave it up for multiple reasons.  My range is fairly large, but super low.  (low b to a high a or so, depending on the day)  I love Karen Carpenter and would love to sing like her. :)
14.  I am dating the sweetest guy, Jesse Foster Thomas.  We've been together for exactly 13 months and I'm thrilled!
15.  I love to laugh, mainly at my own jokes.  I love playing games and telling funny jokes and stories, even though I'm probably the worst story teller in the whole world.  If I had a dollar for every time I've said, "Do you wanna hear a funny story?" followed by "Only if you keep it to 60 seconds or less," I'd be a rich cookie. :) 


No comments: