I was recently blog stalking my dear friend Megan (we bonded at State Jr. Miss almost exactly 2 years ago and she has been such a dear, long-distance, friend. Love you girl!) I saw that she did a 30 day blogging challenge, and I'm pretty excited to give it a go. I will still try and get in DIY entries as well. :)
So here is Day 1:
Day 1 - a recent photo of you and 15 interesting facts about yourself
1. I'm a student at BYU. I'm in the Family Studies program and almost done, which is weird. I've fallen in love with my Visual Arts Minor and wish that I could have discovered it earlier so I could major in that.
2. I have an obsession with DI. Seriously, 90% of my clothes are from there. Tacky? Maybe. Cheap? Absolutely. :)
3. I went skiing for the first time in my life yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed myself. According to Jesse, I was almost a natural. Plus of the day: I only fell down 3 times. Downer of the day: the guy I rented skis from had to ask if I was a boy or girl...
4. I love to sew and make my own clothes. I love recycled clothing and find it thrilling. Currently, I'm in a super hard patternmaking class. Our practical final is next week, which will be a picture of a dress and we will have to create the entire pattern for it...yikes!!!
5. I'm a vitta. Yoga is a deep passion of mine and I think that the nutrition part of it is so interesting. You can check it out at whatsmydosha.com. :)
6. I strongly dislike weddings, but sell wedding dresses for work. I'm currently writing a book about my expereinces as a bridal consultant at Alysse's Bridal. Basically, I crack myself up. :)
7. I love country music, musicals, opera, oldies, and Jesse's music.
8. A secret dream of mine is to purchase a castle in Europe and turn it into a bed and breakfast.
9. I skipped 4th grade and so I was 17 at college...and 17 when I first met Jesse.
10. I'm applying to the Jerusalem Center.
11. I have the best family in the whole world! My sister is at BYU and getting married in May to a wonderful guy named Kyle. Sam, Owen, and Andy are the best brothers that I could have every asked for. Each brother is so different and I love them in very different ways.
12. I'm a mormon and I love what my religion teaches. I believe in my Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ. I believe that Jesus atoned for my sins so that I can live forever with Him, my family, and my friends. I love the lifestyle that comes with my religion and would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have about being a Mormon. :)
13. I love to sing. I sung 2nd alto in high school, but gave it up for multiple reasons. My range is fairly large, but super low. (low b to a high a or so, depending on the day) I love Karen Carpenter and would love to sing like her. :)
14. I am dating the sweetest guy, Jesse Foster Thomas. We've been together for exactly 13 months and I'm thrilled!
15. I love to laugh, mainly at my own jokes. I love playing games and telling funny jokes and stories, even though I'm probably the worst story teller in the whole world. If I had a dollar for every time I've said, "Do you wanna hear a funny story?" followed by "Only if you keep it to 60 seconds or less," I'd be a rich cookie. :)